Calcium Chloride is white, deliquescent crystals, granules. It is completely soluble in water and alcohol.
Chemical Name Calcium Chloride
Chemical Formula CaCl2.2H2O
Molecular weight 110.99(Anhydrous)
Purity. Minimum 77%w/w
Properties / Specification
Physical Appearance. White granules /powder
Calcium Chloride. 77% Min
Magnesium Chloride. 2.0% Max
Calcium Hydroxide 0.3% Max
Calcium Sulfate 0.3% Max
Alkali Chloride 0.5% Max
Water Insoluble 0.5% Max
pH (5% w/v solution) 4.5-9.2
Arsenic As 3.0 ppm (max)
Lead Pb 10.0 ppm(max)
Iron Fe 20.0 ppm(max)
Barium Ba 10.0 ppm(max)
Sodium Na 20000.00 ppm(max)
- Additive to oil well completion
- Drying petroleum fractions.
- Beverages for removing Sodium ion.
- Mining as dust proofing and freezing resisting ore & coal.
- Drying air and gases, remove moisture by Hygroscopicity.
- Fungicides as oxidizing agent.
- Pharmaceutical as drying and desiccating agent.
- Water Treatment.
- Must be store in well-ventilated, covered and dry area.
- Long life is expected in airtight bags.
- If calcium chloride contacts the eyes, then eyes must be irrigated.
- immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes.
- Supplied in packing of 25 kg PP Laminated bags having polyethylenre line.